About Our Firm
The Law Office of Vincent T. Norwillo is a full-service labor relations, employment law, and workers’ compensation defense law firm. Our nationwide practice provides premier client service to employers in a wide range of industries and includes businesses of all sizes from single-member LLCs to multi-national public corporations. Each client matter is handled with meticulous care by experienced counsel with recognized expertise in the relevant practice area – whether governed by federal law or the law of an individual state. We work relentlessly to design and implement legal strategies and solutions to plan, protect, and promote the continued success of your business. At each phase, our attorneys remain accessible and responsive to your questions and suggestions to ensure that all pertinent factors are afforded proper consideration. Whatever your needs, Norwillo Law provides responsive, efficient, and zealous representation.
For more information about how The Law Office of Vincent T. Norwillo can assist your business with workplace-related legal issues, please contact Vince Norwillo at 330-278-1136 or email@example.com.
Each member of our team provides their own specialization to help provide a comprehensive legal support system for your Labor, Employment & Workers’ Compensation Law issues.
Vincent T. Norwillo
Attorney at Law
firstname.lastname@example.org (330) 278-1136 office (440) 346-5300 mobile
Over 28 years of comprehensive labor and employment counseling and litigation experience, including multiple state and federal jurisdictions. Vince’s practice caters to construction, industrial and maritime employers facing challenges from the board room to the job site. Vince also provides legal counsel to staffing firms and their customers, resolving the legal challenges facing both supplier and user employers of contingent labor.
More about Mr. Norwillo
Vincent Norwillo is an expert in labor and employment law, exclusively representing management in his 29 years of practice. He represents employers across a range of business sectors, with a specialization in the contingent employment (staffing) and construction industries.
Mr. Norwillo’s traditional labor experience is comprehensive, including collective bargaining, contract administration, grievance and arbitration proceedings, ULP litigation before the Regional Offices of the NLRB, including appeals to the Board and federal appellate courts, strike planning and work stoppage management, trust fund contribution compliance and audits, as well as union avoidance campaigns.
Vince’s employment counsel and litigation practice has likewise involved a complete range of employment issues, including employment discrimination, retaliation, and discharge; state workers’ compensation and federal USL&H claims; state and federal wage and hour issues including Davis-Bacon and state prevailing wage disputes; OSHA and MSHA compliance matters; ERISA/benefits administration; immigration; and the enforcement of post-employment restrictive covenants.
In addition to labor and employment issues, Vince has also handled licensing, apprenticeship, and other regulatory compliance matters, has investigated and litigated scores of unfair labor practice charges, and successfully defended representation petitions filed by building and construction trade unions in various NLRB Regional Offices.
While serving as National Labor & Employment Counsel at Tradesmen International, Vince successfully litigated federal and state employment and workers’ compensation cases, including successful Ohio jury trials. He also monitored and interpreted industry specific legislative, regulatory, and judicial developments and tailored Company policies and procedures to secure compliance. In addition, he provided regular training and counseling on topics including union avoidance, workplace harassment, hiring, discipline and discharge, as well as wage and hour and OSHA compliance.
From this experience, Vince has developed a specialty in the labor and employment legal challenges facing the construction industry and contingent employers, and he is a frequent lecturer and speaker on these topics in various forums across the country. Notably, he has provided expert testimony before the U.S. Senate subcommittee hearing on Employment, Safety & Training on the impact of proposed federal legislation.
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, Partner, Labor & Employment (2016-2018)
- Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan, Partner, Labor & Employment (2010-2016)
- Tradesmen International, Inc., National Labor & Employment Counsel (1997-2009)
- Duvin, Cahn & Hutton (1990-1997)
- The George Washington University National Law Center, J.D. with honors, 1990
- King’s College, B.S. Economics / B.A. English, summa cum laude, 1987
Courts and Admissions:
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- American Staffing Association (ASA)
- Medina County Chamber of Commerce
Highlight of Notable Cases:
- Stover v. Myocare Nursing Home Inc., Case No: Cv-14-831894, slip op., (Cuyahoga County (Ohio) C.P. 2015) (Age discrimination summary judgment);
- Machlup v. TIAA-CREF Indiv. & Inst. Serv., et al., 2013 Ohio 2704 (8th (Ohio) Ct. App. 2013) (ERISA dismissal affirmed);
- Kendrick v. Walgreen Company et al, No. 3:2011-cv-00404, slip op., (S.D. Ohio 2012) (Title VII and ADEA summary judgment)
- Chao v. Tradesmen International, Inc., 310 F.3d 904 (6th Cir. 2002)
- Tradesmen International, Inc. v. NLRB, 275 F.3d 1137 (D.C. Cir. 2002)
- Tradesmen International, Inc., 338 NLRB No. 49 (2002).
- Crain’s Cleveland Business Best Lawyers in Ohio 2015
- Top Rated Labor & Employment Attorney Ohio Super Lawyers® 2015-2017
- Provided expert testimony at U.S. Senate Subcommittee Hearing on Employment, Safety and Training
Mary Eileen Purcell
Attorney at Law
email@example.com (330) 278-1136 office (216) 409-1327 mobile
With 25 years of proven experience, Ms. Purcell is dedicated to assisting employers in managing their workers’ compensation claims and providing them with legal representation in both Administrative and court proceedings.
More about Ms. Purcell
Mary Eileen Purcell leads the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation practice. For more than 20 years, Ms. Purcell has provided cost-effective workers’ compensation representation to self-insured, state-funded, group-rate, and public employers throughout Ohio. She handles all phases of defense representation in administrative proceedings, trial, and mandamus actions. Mary Eileen has successfully handled thousands of contested allowance, extent of impairment, and indemnity issues before the Ohio Industrial Commission. She has extensive experience representing employers in jury trials before Ohio Courts of Common Pleas on contested allowance issues as well as Ohio District Courts of Appeals in mandamus actions on appeals of final Orders issued by the Ohio Industrial Commission. Ms. Purcell has also lectured on various workers’ compensation topics in seminars sponsored by the Ohio Self-Insurers’ Association, the Ohio Chamber of Commerce, and other trade associations.
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, Workers’ Compensation practice
- Stefanik & Christie, LLC
- Hanna, Campbell & Powell
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease, LLP
- Jones, Davies & Funk
- Roetzel & Andress
- The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1993
- Bowling Green State University, B.S., 1990
Courts and Admissions:
- Top Rated Workers’ Compensation Attorney Ohio Super Lawyers® 2004-2005
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Law
Paralegal / Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org (330) 278-1136
Jeanette is a Paralegal and Legal Assistant at the Firm. She brings 20+ years of legal experience to our Practice. She performs daily research and investigates case facts. She researches relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles. She is responsible for organizing and maintaining the Firm’s cases and files and is in frequent contact with our Clients. Jeanette holds the distinguished Paralegal certification from the Ohio State Bar Association.